Electrical Lineman

Power Outage Survival

Electrical Lineman

The transformer behind your house just blew and there is either no power to your house, you had a surge of power or there is partial power, what should you do?

If you are in a partial blackout or brown out, there is not enough electricity to properly run your furnace or air conditioner so you should shut it off.  Additionally, turn off and or unplug all sensitive electronic equipment, including your fridge, tv, washer, dryer, computers, etc.

Surge protectors are a great way to protect all your electronics from power surges. There are options from whole house surge protectors, to smaller, single unit surge protectors and everything in between.

When the power comes back on, pay attention to your electronics, do you smell burning electrical wires?  If so, unplug the electronics and do some investigating.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Peter Needham Electrical and HVAC, your full service electrical and HVAC contractor.

781.396.4800

Related Post

Carbon Monoxide DetectionCarbon Monoxide Detection

heart

What is carbon monoxide and why should you be concerned about it in your home?  Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous, colorless, odorless and tasteless gas produced by burning fuel, such as gasoline, kerosene, oil, propane, coal or wood. When fuel-burning equipment, tools and appliances are used in enclosed places, or

Heating Safety

Power Surge ProtectionPower Surge Protection

surge protector

Power Surge Protection for your home or business is critical to protecting your expensive electrical equipment.  Many pieces of equipment and appliances can be ruined by a power surge coming from the electrical lines outside.  Make sure you have a surge protector that will properly protect your electrically operated equipment. 

Electrical Safety
%d bloggers like this: