Outdoor LightingApril 26, 2021
National Electrical Safety MonthMay 16, 2021
These days it’s sometimes hard to know who to hire when you have a critical electrical job you need done, whether it’s for your home or business. In this post we will take a look at the steps you should take to make sure you’re hiring the best contractor for the job.
- Is the contractor licensed with the State the job will be performed in?
- Is the contractor insured with adequate Workers’ Compensation and Liability insurance? Why? Because if someone gets injured on the job and the contractor isn’t insured, you as the homeowner, will be on the hook for the medical bills.
- Is the contractor familiar with your city and its ordinances? To find out, you can call your city offices and ask if the contractor you are considering has pulled very many permits with that city. They will likely tell you this info. If the answer is no, move on and call a different contractor.
- Read customer reviews. Have others in your area used this particular contractor and were they happy with the job they did?
- Check the contractor’s license with your state. Trust but verify.
- Request a copy of the contractor’s insurance.
- Don’t hire an unlicensed electrical contractor no matter how cheap they are. Unlicensed contractors may or may not do a good job and if they do a bad job you have no recourse. Electrical work is a skilled trade. Electricians go to school to learn this skill and they obtain years of experience before becoming licensed.
“Qualifying for a journeyman license through the Massachusetts Board of State Examiners of Electricians requires you to complete at least 8000 hours of electrical work experience over a minimum of four years AND At least 600 clock hours of approved education.” (electricianschooledu.org/massachusetts)
Peter Needham is a licensed and insured Master Electrician with over 30 years of experience. Furthermore, Peter Needham offers a 2 year warranty on all of the work he performs. Peter also pulls all the needed permits to do the job, an unlicensed electrician won’t do that. You will have peace of mind knowing that everything has been done correctly and there won’t be any unwelcome surprises later on.
Call Peter Needham today for any and all of your electrical needs. Peter has the Power to do the Job Right!